Now it’s your turn to create your very own website wireframe.
In the last assignment, you had to come up with a list of 10 questions for a briefing form. I would like you to now fill in this briefing form, take the answers and create a wireframe for the site.
This wireframe do not have to be a wireframe for your current Mandatory Assignment (Product Website) it’s purely for you to practice your skills.
You can choose if you want it to be a lo-tech or hi-tech architecture. Regardless of which method you choose, I would like to see as much detail as possible. Also, please write a short paragraph to explain why you chose the lo-tech or hi-tech option.
10 QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS. I used my self as an subject/client.
- Who are you competitors and how do you differ from them?
My competitors are videographers, designers and content creators. I differ from local competitors by having a strong presence in social media, both Instagram and YouTube. I try telling stories from my life in a professional way, so that potential clients can appreciate my work without having to have a personal relation with me.
- What actions do you the visitors to take on the site?
I want my visitors to watch my content, build up a trust and hire me for work.
- What is my deadline for completing the site? How big is the budget?
- Do you have any color preferences? What should the look and feel of the website be?
Neutral/discreet with contrasting colours in smal graphical elements(icons, logos etc)
- Who will the contact person for this project be?
- Why do you want a website?
I want a online presence, beside social media, for when they are Googling me and a place to send potential clients.
- Is this a one-time job, or do you want to hire me for maintains?
I’ll probably hire my self for maintains.
- Do you have a presence in social media with a distinct branding/style?
It vaires. I have a clear style on Instagram, but on YouTube and Facebook I don’t yet have the clear style I want to have. but I’m working on it.
- Do you want to mainly tell what you do or show what you do via your site? Or both?
- What do you hate about website in general?
When they’re ugly, not “to-the-point”, not compatible with the browser and slow loading.
I did a ruff sketch of the wireframe with a pencil and paper. Then I made a more “client-friendly” version in Adobe XD.