- Explain the following terms in your own words:
- The Internet
- Search engine
- Please research and add another 10 questions to the briefing process.(See the lesson.)
- From this list of 20 questions (your 10 added to my 10), please create the ultimate list of 10 questions that you would use for clients.
- Please upload this activity to your WordPress blog.
Surf the web and find 10 sites you would consider to be great websites. Simultaneously, make a list of 10 sites you consider bad web sites. Remember to describe why you would define them as such. Upload your lists on your blog.
The Internet is a global network that allows you to access information and communicate via a computer all over the world.
HTML stands for hyper Text Markup Language and is the coding language for webpages displayed in web browsers.
An Internet browser is a program for computers that displays websites for the human eye.
A search engine crawls webpages/ the Internet to find relevant content for the keywords you type into a search engine.
10 questions for the web design brief (First 5 are for the lesson, last 5 are my own).
- Who are you competitors and how do you differ from them?
- What actions do you the visitors to take on the site?
- What is my deadline for completing the site? How big is the budget?
- Do you have any color preferences? What should the look and feel of the website be?
- Who will the contact person for this project be?
- Why do you want a website?
- Is this a one-time job, or do you want to hire me for maintains?
- Do you have a presence in social media with a distinct branding/style?
- Do you want to mainly tell what you do or show what you do via your site? Or both?
- What do you hate about website in general?
10 great sites:
10 bad sites