Design your own printing checklist form.
WHAT I FOUND OUT
After watching videos on lynda.com and examining my own process I composed the following checklist.
- Does fonts follow the document or are they provided by TypeKit?
- Does the printing company have problems with any particular fonts?
- Any images missing, not linked?
- Is the resolution to low? Preferred res 300 PPI, minimum res 200 PPI
- Check trim area placement
- Bleed area – no critical content in the area
- Panels for folding set correctly (for folding documents/flyers)
- Export as single pages, not spreads (unless it’s meant to be folded)
- Any drilling of holes?
- EU or US standard sizes?
- RGB or CMYK workspace
- Any spot inks with four color workspace (CMYK)
- Black vs. rich black CMYK
- Binding method – Perfect bound or saddle stitched
- Stock – kind of paper
- Does it mail?
- Delivery schedule