- Design a simple dummy 20-page magazine style brochure combining dynamic typography and photography. You can use placeholder text for body copy. For your magazine, use a spot varnish for the cover and design it using two spot colours.
- Make use of your checklist that you designed and prepare the file for print.
- Decide what paper weight and type you will use.
- Decide what type of binding you will use, for example, saddle stich, perfect bind, etc. (See the printing terms link.)
- Submit the print-ready file packaged from InDesign as well as a print-ready PDF.
Make sure to include the instructions (like spot varnish, paper choice and binding) in the file.
WHAT I FOUND OUT
The theme for the dummy brochure is untraditional illustrations of Super Mario. I chose two spot colours with a setting and instruction for a varnish on the front cover heading. The print ready print file shows a darn blue colour on the heading because of the varnish layer, but it’s actually two spot colours, red and green.
The paper should be at least 180 GSM thick A5 sized and be bonded with saddle stitch.
Se below for the finished result.Varnish Super Mario Illustrations brochure